Summer Holiday Activities
Looking for your child to engage in positive activities over the summer holidays?....well look no further:
KIDS are delighted to have been awarded funding from the Lord Mayor’s Young Londoners Fund to establish a new weekly Well-being Group for young disabled people aged 14-21 in Wandsworth.
The project is based on the Five Steps to Well-being model developed by the NHS:
How will the group work?
- Sessions will be free and held weekly from 4:30-7:30pm (arrivals from 4pm).
- Sessions will be mainly based at the Lady Allen Adventure Playground with regular trips to activities based across London. These may be on different days (weekdays during the holidays and weekends).
- The members will co-create the sessions; deciding on the topics and activities that the group will focus on based around the five steps.
- Trained KIDS practitioners will support the group, helping with planning and facilitating.
- An evening meal will be provided at 6pm during the session.
Young people will have the opportunity to engage in:
- Arts and community activities
- Information sessions
- Day trips
- Skill-building workshops.
The final format of the Well-being Group will be decided with the members. We may look to do separate groups split by age (14-17 and 18-21) if there is the demand.
We will be holding a taster drop-in session on Friday 21st June.
The regular weekly sessions will start from Friday 12th July.
For more information or to find out how to join, please contact Holly Wilson on 07701314760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org