School Meal Information and Menu
Our school kitchen is managed by Edwards and Ward who are an award winning caterer supplying fresh, nutritious and healthy lunches to students at our school. Everything is cooked in our own kitchen by Kerrilyn Springer and her team.
The cost of a school meal is currently £2.30 per day, increasing to £2.35 per day from the beginning of April 2018.
Free School Meals Eligibility
Free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support AllowanceSupport under Part VI of the
- Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Applying for free school meals
There is a new online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else. An immediate response will be provided to your application and will also notify the school of your child’s eligibility to receive Free School Meals.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child’s name, date of birth and school
Please follow the link below to the online free school meals eligibility checking system supported by LGfL. www.fsm.lgfl.net
The data you enter on the screen will be used to process your request.