School Meal Information and Menu
Our school kitchen is managed by Edwards and Ward who are an award winning caterer supplying fresh, nutritious and healthy lunches to students at our school. Everything is cooked in our own kitchen by Kerrilyn Springer and her team.
The cost of a school meal is currently £2.35 per day.
*Please note from 1st April the cost of a school lunch will be increased by 10p to £2.45 a day or £12.25 for the week*
Free School Meals Eligibility Criteria – new
Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents or guardians receive any of the benefits below.
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Applying for free school meals
There is a new online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else. An immediate response will be provided to your application and will also notify the school of your child’s eligibility to receive Free School Meals.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child’s name, date of birth and school
Please follow the link below to the online free school meals eligibility checking system supported by LGfL. www.fsm.lgfl.net
The data you enter on the screen will be used to process your request.
Alternatively you can request a paper Registration form from the school office.
Paper Registration form is also available to print by clicking the link below. Please return completed paper Registration forms to Helen Davies, Administrative Officer, Garratt Park School.
From 1st April 2018, all existing free school meal claimants will continue to receive free school meals whilst Universal Credit is rolled out.
Universal credit roll out is currently expected to complete in March 2022.